New Horizon Yoga Advanced Functional Yoga Teacher Training–Module 1
August 10 - 13 | Spirit House Yoga, Oklahoma City, OK
OUR NEXT HORIZON as yoga teachers is to continue along our path of discovery, reveling in the journey, and deepening our awareness. From this place, our perspective can shift to embrace a broader understanding of how to serve others through functional yoga and conscious movement. Cultivate more effective skills in critical thinking, focused assessment, and expanded compassion as applied to anatomy, bio-mechanical movement, and yoga philosophy.
• Posture types and movement impairment syndromes
• The functional back and Integrated movement
• Therapeutic adjustments and therapy ball work
• Anatomy overview – building blocks of the human body
• Bones, muscles and joints and their function
• Connective tissue, fascia and movement planes
• The Bhagavad Gita – a thorough survey of our central text
• Consciousness Yoga – the art of studying the behavior of consciousness
• Enlightenment, the tattvas, maya, Koshas, kanchukas, and malas
The complete RYT 300 program takes place over eight 4-day immersions, one of which is in a retreat setting, scheduled August 2018 – July 2020. Each module stands alone in topic and all are open to lifelong learners.
The weekend Body of Bliss workshop in Albuquerque with Bea was AMAZING! I still glow from
the positive energy she continually broadcasts, the wisdom of the teachings she conveys, and
her playfulness. Thank you Bea for being you.